Managing DOT Compliance Certification Course
Are You New to Managing DOT Compliance?
Introducing a five day certification course designed for the Fleet Safety Manager, Driver Manager, Safety Supervisor, or administrative support personnel that need in-depth training on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
The course is ideally suited for those new to transportation safety or those who have been in transportation safety with no prior basic training on the key elements of safety compliance and management.
Providing detailed regulatory compliance training and review, the course utilizes hands on applications, a knowledge quiz for each area critical to commercial carrier or private fleet safety performance and an end of course final test. Covered areas critical to safety management will include:
- Part 40 / 382: Drug and Alcohol procedures and protocols
- Part 380: Special Training Requirements
- Part 383: Commercial Driver's license
- Part 385 / 386: Safety Fitness Procedures and Rules of Practice
- Part 390: General requirements and document preparation
- Part 391: Driver DQ files, annual reviews, past employment, physicals and file preparation.
- Part 392: Driving of Commercial Motor Vehicles
- Part 393 / 396: Maintenance requirements and File management
- Part 395: Hours of Service compliance and auditing techniques
- Part 397: Haz Mat general
- Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA)
This course will also cover best practices related to:
- Driver Qualification and Hiring Standards
- Training and Communication
- Establishing Policies and Procedures
A certificate of completion will be issued to each attendee along with a certificate of training for Drug and Alcohol Reasonable Suspicion Testing. The cost of the course is $1,995 including printed materials or $2,295 including a Tablet PC containing all course materials. Tuition also includes daily refreshments, and lunch.