Immediate Career Opportunities
Join Our Team
People are our most valuable asset. Our headquarters staff is based in Arlington, TX, with an office in London, England. Our training consultants are located around the U.S. and other locations throughout the world. Smith System® employees at all levels are the “best of the best” in their respective roles.
call us today @ (800) 777-7648
Our certified instructor consultants are professionals who came to us from all walks of life bringing with them a wealth of past experience. These former educators, senior managers, and military officers have all chosen Smith System as their second rewarding career. Our instructors have studied and mastered techniques essential to understanding driver perceptual behavior patterns based on over 6 decades of refinement.
Part Time Instructor
We are seeking instructors for part time positions to train approximately 10 days/month. Perspective applicants should be confident, outgoing and comfortable giving stand-up presentations to large and small groups. Perfect opportunity for semi-retired individual. Prior teaching/training background a plus but not required.
Job Description: Under broad supervision conducts training/education programs and assesses learning performance outcomes for trainees. Performs a combination of the following duties according to department guidelines:
- Part time position only. Requires travel and a flexible schedule with the ability to forecast non-available days 60 to 90 days in advance.
- Facilitates on-site fleet training for Fortune 500 companies in both classroom and on-road environments.
- Assignments are generally one to five days in length and may include weekends.
- Reliable transportation with proof of valid insurance for travel to local assignments required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record for the past twelve months.
- Prospective applicants must possess credit card and be willing to use it for reimbursable business travel when necessary.
- Applicant must pass background check and D.O.T. driver physical.
- Must be able to accommodate direct deposit payroll.
- Internet access with e-mail address required.
- Bilingual skills and ability to use PowerPoint a plus, but not required.
We are currently looking to hire new instructors at the following locations:
- All Major Markets
To submit your resume attach a Microsoft Word document (.doc files only) to the "APPLY ONLINE" email link below:
Contact Smith System Driver Improvement Institute, Inc.
Toll Free: (800) 777-7648